All you need is
- 1 medium egg.
- 70 ml milk.
- flour for dusting.
Make your own classic scones in 47 minutes. Prep-time 25 minutes and bake time 12 minutes.
Also, try adding raisins or sultanas, or chocolate chip for some tasty alternatives to your scones.
Ingredients: wheat flour (wheat flour, calcium carbonate, iron, niacin, thiamin), sugar, vegetable oil (rapeseed, palm), raising agents: sodium bicarbonate, monocalcium phosphate; humectant: glycerine.
Allergen information: gluten (wheat).
Get ready to Bake!
To prepare the scones mixture
- Preheat oven to 220°C (190°C for fan assisted oven/ 425°F/ gas mark 7. Lightly grease a baking tray and set aside.
- Empty the scone mix into a bowl. Mix the egg and 70 ml (4 1/2 tablespoons) of milk together. Reserve 2 teaspoons for glazing (see step 4) and then add the remaining liquid to the scone mix. Stir with a wooden spoon until a smooth dough is formed.
- Roll the dough onto a lightly floured surface to approximately 2 cm (3/4") thickness. Cut into 6 scones using a 6cm (2 1/2") cutter use the rim of a drinking glass as a template to cut round. Place onto a greased baking tray.
- Brush the tops of the scones with the remaining egg/milk mixture to glaze. Leave to rise for minutes at room temperature.
To bake to perfection
5. Bake in the center of the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
6. Serve with fresh cream and jam.
7. Also try adding raisins or sultana's, or chocolate chips for some tasty alternatives.