Ingredients: water, ground spices (23%) [coriander (5%), cumin, paprika (3%), black pepper (3%), cinnamon, ginger, clove chilli], rapeseed oil (9%), salt, maize flour, acids (acetic acid, citric acid), tamarind, garlic powder.
Allergy advice: may contain mustard, peanuts and nuts.
- no artificial
no artificial flavors
Preparation: spinach dal recipe
- Place 100g dried lentils and 1/4 tsp ground turmeric in 8200mL cold water in a pan, bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes (skim off any excess scum wich forms).
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a separate pan and add 1 finely chopped onion, fry until soft.
- Add 2 tsp finely chopped ginger, 1 tsp finely chopped garlic a d1/4 jar of Patak's Garam Masala spice paste, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add 50 mL water; cook until the water has evaporated.
- Add 200g chopped tomatoes and 50g butter, cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the lentil mixture to this pan, with 100g baby leaf spinach and cook for 5 minutes until the spinach has wilted. Season to preference.